Monday, May 23, 2011

Week 74...The Way.

Hello everyone, Well I haven't found out yet if I will be transferring. I've been here in Kabankalan for 6 months now. Its gone by so amazingly fast and I've learned so much. Mostly about myself. Who I am what I want and what I'm supposed to do. I've repented daily. Finding my weaknesses and making them strengths. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. It makes sense. It shows us exactly where we are going what we have to do and what is expected of us. I know it has been restored to us. Its not like other beliefs that just say have faith and you will be saved. There are certain things we must do and if anyone has read the Bible they should know that. Its not just faith. Its not just prayer. Its not just even baptism. Its following Jesus Christ with faith in every footstep. That is what I know to be true.

He has shown us the way and we must follow. I Know also that the gospel has been restored to bring families together in unity. I've seen it in families I've met here. I've seen the peace and love and joy that comes from the gospel and it shows us how much the Lord really does love us. I have learned a lot about myself. I know who I am and what I am to do. I know what I wanna be. I know what the Lord expects of me. And I know why I'm here. If I have any converts while serving a mission it is for sure myself. This is the Lords work and no matter what challenge he throws at us we can move forward and progress through the gospel. He is always expecting us to repent of what we've done that we might grow. I know how important repentance is. I know that the gospel brings comfort joy and peace that we've never felt before. The restored gospel is the way and there is no other. Because it is simply the Lords way. I pray that we might follow our Leader, Savior and King, Jesus Christ. I pray that we will take a step forward and come unto him that he may heal us. I love you all so much I know he loves us even more.!!!!

--
-Elder Heaton

Philippines Bacolod Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment