Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 67... Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice.

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well, seeing as most of you were able to listen to general conference. We haven't quite got the chance yet. We are a day ahead of you so we have to wait til this upcoming Saturday and Sunday. I can't wait! Conference has been one of my favorite times of the year. A time when we can gather and listen to a prophet's voice. A time to take all of our cares, worries and distress to the Lord and allow him to teach us through his instruments.

I know that most of us think of conference as a big meeting with a bunch of old guys that just talk about the same stuff they've been talking about for the last 10 years. (take it from me, I used to think that!) Well I'm here to tell you that is exactly what we need, the reason being, we haven't yet applied what they are teaching us. We aren't close yet. The topics are usually the same. Within central purpose, to bring us closer to Christ and follow his teachings. We are God's children plain and simple.

God called prophets to warn the people and "reveal his secrets" to the people through his prophets. Well we all know that God is unchangeable. If God did something before, he needs to do it today and forever. Therefore we need prophets in these latter days. In 1820 God again reached out to us in love by calling another prophet, Joseph Smith. People can say what they want about Joseph Smith but my testimony of his work as the Lord mouthpiece will not faulter. The evidence is too great. The Book of Mormon is the evidence and our living prophets now are even just another evidence of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We need to listen to and apply what the prophets teaches.

We need to take a look at the big picture and see what we are missing in life. Then compare the way we live with the way the prophet and Lord says we need to live. From there we can determine what needs to change. What we need to improve what the Lord is expecting from us. What we need to expect of ourselves. We all have challenges and problems. We can face these problems and overcome them through the teachings of our prophets with the scriptures and everything the Lord has given us. We can do what the Lord wants us to do and do it well as we follow the Lord and his chosen mouthpieces.

I pray that as we finish general conference this spring that we will pray and ponder what we need to do this summer and then apply it. This is why we often hear similar messages over and over again because we haven't learned yet what the Lord is teaching us. I pray that we will all be able to follow Christ, stand with him at the battlefront and say "Blessed be the Lord my strength" I pray that as we learn each day that we will be humble followers and become the people that Christ expects us to be. I love you all and pray for your happiness.

--
-Elder Heaton

Philippines Bacolod Mission

P.S. I'm way stoked for A.J. and also Christian! I'm so glad he decided to go! Especially with the diabetes and all that stuff. My advice for Christian is simple. Work hard, do your best, repent daily, and love those you serve. That is plain and simply the best advice I've gotten.



***More Photos!***











No comments:

Post a Comment