Monday, January 24, 2011

Week 57...Kabankalan again!


{by the way, I'm here in Kabankalan again.  I'm training another new missionary.  He's way cool!  His name is Elder Jensen.  His first name is Ammon though, sweet huh!  He's way cool. From Seattle.  He wrestled in high school and was pretty good I guess.  We have a lot of fun!. We get along great!  I'm doing great!} 

Well this week has been crazy! I got to work with my batch Elder Hinckley up in Bacolod while waiting for our trainees. The highlight of this event was on Wedenesday night. We went to this lady to make the follow up visit she spoke way good english. So we spoke to her in english. It was way cool. She spent 15 minutes explaining what she had learned about the church. She has been reading liahonas for 6 years. She has been to the temple dedication and wants to work in the temple. She has seen the restoration video and understands! She is way good. We taught a whole lesson in english. The first time I've experienced that; it was way cool. She wants her kids to grow up in the church, or at least marry a mormon haha. 

But that is way cool to see the ways the Lord prepares his people to recieve the gospel. I love the gospel and can't wait to find the others he has prepared for me to find while I am here. I realize more and more each day that we only get 2 years to do all we can to do what we have been preordained to do in the pre existence. It increases my desire to work and be better because if I don't do all i can to fulfill my calling someone may never receive the gospel in this life. And that would have been because of me. I know this is the work of the Lord and he has called all of his missionaries to the vineyard! I love you all and thank you so much for your prayers and support for my mom. 

ps. Brandon you're the man!!! 

-- 
-Elder Heaton 

Philippines Bacolod Mission


Pioquinto Family

Charcoal faces from Sinulog festival



No comments:

Post a Comment