Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 57... Sinulog Festival.

*No official blog post this week again, but here are more excerpts from letters to mom and dad*

This week was nuts! We had our Sinulog Festival. You could probably look it up. {Click here for wickipedia's definition} It's like a way big deal (sinulog means grilled or burnt sorta) So lots of people running around wiping charcoal on people's faces. Elder and I got covered. I'll get pictures to you sometime. It's way hard to send them cause the internet is so slow most the time can only get 5-10 off. So you will just have to be patient.
But we got fed a lot it was ridiculous! Elder and I got some kind of food poisoning last night we both were throwing up and had lbm so that sucked. It's 5 pm and I haven't eaten a thing all day just fluids. So that sucks but I'm way used to it. Elder Pilling isn't doing too good though. But yeah transfer day is on Wednesday. Elder Pilling will be transferring and I will be DL again as well as training again. So that will be fun. I like training missionaries, try to get them in line with the mission president. Remember Elder Potter? He always said "If you want to be a successful missionary catch the vision of the mission president and run with it" so yeah hopefully I can help them out...

...I've really realized as I've been out here what the things that matter most are. That sometimes they can be taken from you in the blink of an eye. I'm way grateful for that lesson Heavenly Father taught me. I learn daily and continue to strive to be better. Love You!



-Elder Heaton

Philippines Bacolod Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment