Monday, December 20, 2010

Week 53... The Work.

Well we have got a great opportunity here. We have got a really good ward here. They have a desire to work and help. Especially bishop. He's awesome. We had a stake high councilor come yesterday and help us with our Ward mission leader. We will hopefully be able to start getting more people to work with us and help us out. Fellowship and help us find new investigators. Next week we will be meeting with our WML to do all of this. I'm way stoked for all of this. Because of this we have the opportunity to have a great transfer of work a head of us. And next transfer to reap all the rewards! Hopefully I will be able to stay again, for I did just get here. haha. 

I can't stress enough how important it is the have the wards working with the full time missionaries. Us as missionaries, our only friends are really only the members of the ward. Without them nothing gets done. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to work here and do this work here. 

We had a great week even though we missed out on 2 days of work because I had a meeting in Bacolod for district leaders and I got sick the other. Regardless, we had 19 new investigators taught 22 lessons. I'm way stoked for a full week of work here, and applying things I taught in district meeting about teaching people and not just teaching a lesson. Here we see how to teach a person who is seeking the gospel and not just a baptisimal statistic. It's awesome I love the work of the Lord and can't believe I've already been doing it for a year. 

I love you all and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas. Let us all remember the spirit of Christmas isn't about gifts. But about our Savior, Jesus Christ. Remember, he was born on a "silent night" in the most humble of situations. I love you all!! 
-- 
-Elder Heaton 

Philippines Bacolod Mission

















Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment