Monday, December 13, 2010

Week 52!... Kabankalan and ONE-Year Mark!!

Well this transfer will be way sweet! I got to be transferred to Kabankalan. It's like 2 and a half hours south of Bacolod. So thats way fun. It's a way cool city I've wanted to be assigned here for a while now! So this will be a good transfer. Hopefully the next 2 tranfers I'll be here. We coordinated with bishop on Sunday he's way good. It will be nice to work with a ward that has lots of establishment.

I met the Pioquinto family. They are like an American family. They all speak way good english. Way smart. Watch sports whatever kind. All served missions. They fed us on saturday. Just a big 'ol family. Way nice.

We've got some great investigators. Gotta keep looking for more. We work a lot off of referrals so that will be nice to have support from the ward. We also have 4 elders working in the area Elder Pilling and I and the other 2 will only work for like 3 days of the week, but it will help us move along well. Elder Pilling my comp is batch with Elder Ausen and from Canada. His work before was a buffalo ranch. I've had a cow farmer companion and now I got a buffalo guy haha. Hes 6'3" skinny and way funny. I'm excited to work with him we work well together so far. It's like training again. lots to do and lots for him to learn. We have a lot of potential in this area here and I can't wait for the work to get going.

They want to split the Kabankalan ward next year so if I can do anything to help the work along so that it will be more possible, I know we can do it with the help of the Lord. Also with the help of the bishop who is awesome. We have a lot of people that will be willing to help us out. Its a lot different from Manta-Angan. 800 members. 120 at church weekly and city-ish kinda place. I'm excited to help this area. I love you all and hope your doing well!!!
--
-Elder Heaton

Philippines Bacolod Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment