Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Week 47...Purpose.

Well this week has been great we have got some really good investigators we are finding. That is what we are focusing on right now. The area is lacking in investigators. We are just trying to find as many as we can. I've been humbled in the work as I realize how much more I can do here in the work. The area hasn't grown as much as I would like. So this week we are going to teach 30 lessons to investigators. We've only been averaging about 10-15. So we gotta double it. There's something I gotta do in this area and I feel like I havent accomplished it yet. So I'm really praying and trying to find why I was assigned here in Manta-angan.

Gotta be better and do the best I can. We are teaching 2 families that we have just recently found. One is a relative of a bunch of members. They came to church this week, his name is Richard Castillo and we've challenged them to baptism they willingly accepted. Its so awesome. So much better when its families. I also learned that Bro Puentespina the family I baptized in Binalbagan, has just recieved the melchezedic priesthood. He wrote" This has been the greatest gift God has given me" and I feel honored to have had the opportunity to bring him to that blessing. Had I not fulfilled my purpose in Binalbagan he would be lost still. We all have a purpose wherever we are.

We are teaching another brother George. He's way good. We taught him book of mormon and he said " i will try to read this book...with all my heart" It's was awesome! Never in my entire mission had I heard a commitment like that. It brought me to tears. I love this work! Almost more than life its self. I have been called and ordained to bring people everlasting life. As long as they do what {the Lord} ask and continue to endure they will achieve happiness and exaltation. I hope you are all doing well and you are fulfilling your purpose wherever you are! I love you all halong gid kamo pirme!!!

--
-Elder Heaton

Philippines Bacolod Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment