Monday, November 1, 2010

Week 46...Faith.


Well a new transfer is here. We have had a great weekend. Just got a new trainee from the MTC he is amazing. His faith is so strong. In fact it's helping me strengthen mine. His name is Elder Ausen from Logan. We also have Elder Newman and his trainee E. Anderson. It's awesome in the house! E. Newman is my best buddy here in the mission and my trainee who is awesome. 

We had a training this morning. At all trainings, we have a practice to practice skill and things we've learned and as we were practicing in english, Elder Ausen bore testimony of eternal families. And wow. What a powerful thing.  The spirit was soooo strong. I couldnt believe it. It brought the 3 of us to tears. Him me and one other elder. It was so amazing. The faith and power of a missionary can be so strong. As long as we use the words of the spirit. And even though this was just a training, the spirit was real. 

I also have testimony of that. He bore testimony in broken ilongo/tagalog as well as english. The spirit was so much stronger. The faith of a missionary determines the miracles that can happen. I know I need to strengthen my faith and continue working. It's so awesome to see what we are gonna do and I can't wait to see what happens when he starts speaking ilongo. He's way hard working at studying. I haven't had to say a word to study. He just does it. I love it. The work is real. The spirit is needed and my trainee has it. I love it. This work is the work of the Lord and I, and all of us missionaries as well as members are doing it. 

I love you all and thank you all for your prayers for my mother!! 

-- 
-Elder Heaton 

Philippines Bacolod Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment