Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week 40... The Veil is Thin...

Well, I've just heard the story of Grandpa's passing. It sounded beautiful. There wasn't a better way it coulda happened. I don't have a ton of time right now but I'll say what I need to. The veil is thin. Matt recieved the inspiration to give grandpa a blessing and grandpa was blessed with his eternal companion. He is dancing with grandma and enjoying the peace he has. He is, to quote, "(in) a place where he can rest from all his cares and worries and sadness." He is now "graduated" to quote grandpa Heaton. 

We have no need to be sad. Of course we will be, but we will see grandpa again and we will all enjoy the blessings of this gospel when the time comes. In the meantime, we must keep the faith and continue on. This work is truly from God. The gospel has been restored and the plan of salvation is our map to know what we are going to do. I hope you all remember the words. "fear not I am with thee, o be not dismayed, for I am thy God and will still give thee aid. I'll lift thee and help thee and cause thee to stand." 

 Trust in God and continue with faith and hope. We will be blessed for it, I know it. I love you all and I know Heavenly Father does too. He watches out for us as well as grandpa too. 

-- 
-Elder Heaton 

Philippines Bacolod Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment