Monday, September 13, 2010

Week 39...Enduring to the End.


Well another transfer gone. But no changes this time. I'm with Elder Stokes again which is way sweet. He's awesome. I wanna help him get the language down a lot better. I feel like I didn't help him as much as I could have. So I'm gonna work harder there. There are lots of changes in the mission w/ procedures more paperwork more work period. But it will really help out. Cause the mission right now has a problem with retention. There are lots of baptisms but lots of people that don't come back. So this transfer we are cleaning out the ward. Getting all the paperwork organized and everything in order. Then from there we take all of our new converts and give them over to the ward.

The mission is really focusing on the wards and branches. Elder Ko of the 70 came through the mission. He talked about missionary purpose. Inviting people to come unto Christ by helping them receive the gospel through faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. Well think about it, my mission is only 2 years, how do I help them endure to the end if I don't stay to the end. So that's where the ward comes in. It takes coordination with every member, leader, missionary to have success at this. It's not easy. Satan works hard 24/7. We only work during the day. We have lots to do. But lots of numbers and it will be by small and great means that this work is brought forth.

I have just received some bad news. Grandpa Hi-Sugar has passed away last night. It's so crazy! On my mission I have heard about more people passing away more than ever. Especially loved ones. I've written to you about death. It's only a short time. The atonement of Christ has broken the bands of death and we will all live just as he does. Don't lose the faith, the plan is real. We have a Father in Heaven who loves us. He will never leave us alone. He will take care of us. There will always be a path out and I know that is real. I have seen it in my life. Press forward with faith in Christ, and if you have faith there is hope and this hope can be a safety raft in times of need. To quote Elder Holland. "The Lord always provides safety for the soul and has done it again with the Book of Mormon" read the Book of Mormon. This book will help us all. I know God loves you and will never forget you. Always remember that!

--
-Elder Heaton

Philippines Bacolod Mission




***Here are some photos below of the progress of the wardhouse they are helping to build in their area right now.***










***a few other ones too***




No comments:

Post a Comment