Monday, September 6, 2010

Week 38...To Some There Comes a Call...


Well I've been here for quite some time and now I understand the poem Brother Leslie shared with us at the mtc. "To some there comes a call to love a land, a race, a nation, not their own.." This place really is home now. I love it so much. There is nothing like this work it truly grabs a hold of you and takes you away. You get lost in it. It's like I'm out working Wednesday, then the next morning, I'm emailing all of you. The time is zooming by just as I said it has and predicted that it would go faster. 

I realize the importance of loving the people everyday. Because these aren't just a bunch of filipinos. They are my brothers and sisters. In the plan of Heavenly Father, we are his family he wants us all to be with him. How can it happen if there isn't any missionary work? Temple work? Or a restored gospel? How can the Lord be merciful if everyone doesn't have an opportunity to hear the gospel? That is why we are here. "to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end" 

I love this work so much. It has brought me so much joy there is nothing like it. There is nothing like it because this work is not of human its God's work here on earth. Think; Christ was a carpenter when he lived here. Isn't there divine symbolism there? He is building his masterpiece here on earth and we are his tool box. But tools don't mean a thing if they are broken. Therefore we must be our best and do our best. Strive for perfection and doing what the Lord wants. Not just as missionaries but as sons and daughters of God. I love you all and hope you take a moment and ponder what the Savior has done for you. How much he loves you and cares for you. 

-- 
-Elder Heaton 

Philippines Bacolod Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment