Monday, August 2, 2010

Week 33...Scratch That! He's Transferred!

So earlier today we learned that I was going to transfer away from Binalbagan. But also become senior companion. Not ready by any means, but that's what the Lord is here for! I'm sad to say bye to Binalbagan and the people, But I' m excited for my new adventures to come!!


Speaking of adventure, I have a great one that was really inspiring!! So on monday, we learned that our senior comps were going to Bacolod for a training meeting. So I got assigned in Hinigaran (a city about 20 minutes north of here). I've worked there before but not for 3 days. So I got there and got to work with my batchmate Elder Newman! (tall austrailian) it was awesome!! He is way good! He is also going senior comp. I can't believe what's happening with the mission right now. But anyways.


So we went to a place that's pretty far out. They are just about to start a branch and everything. They have a meetinghouse made out of bamboo that's about 10 feet by 20 ft. Its way small, but about 60 people go to church there every week!!! How amazing is that! So I got to work out there! The catch was that we went on splits. I had no idea where anything was. It's pretty different there. All rice fields haha.


So yeah, we went on splits. My companions were: a 50 year old blind man, and a 17 year old boy. He had only been baptized one year ago. So that was fun. The blind man followed the 17 year old by holding on to his shoulders. Way sweet! So as we got to walking to the meeting house, the rain began. It was the strongest rain I've ever been in. Everything got soaked. Scriptures as well. We got there. I said, "I'm okay to go work it just depends on you two", and Bro Balardo (blind man) said, "ini para sa Dios!!" (this is for God!!) What an amazing comment. A man that can't see a thing wants to go walking through the rain because he loves his God that much!! I was truly touched.


But that was just the beginning. We got to working, as I followed those two I was touched even more. Brother Balardo tripped and fell, walked through 3 feet of water, lost his shoes in the mud, and got drenched to the bone. That is one day and one person I will never forget in my whole life. A man who has probably the best excuse not to work, is walking through water and all kinds of stuff because he truly loves his Savior and his work here on earth!! Not only was I touched by his dedication and hard work, but I learned somthing about missionary work. As missionaries, (blind men) we must rely on Christ (17 year old) in order for this work to truly progress. Of course we will stumble and fall, get mud in our shoes and experience all kinds of hardships. But as long as we are holding on to those shoulders the work will move along. The miracles of conversion will happen and the kingdom of God will progress like it never has before. Christ knows where we need to be, who to talk to, and what to do. All we have to do is hold on and not let go. Let ourselves rely on the Lord to be the missionaries he wants us to be!


This may also apply to you as well. Through all of your hardships and trials, the Savior knows and understands them all. He has experienced them and knows your pain. It just depends on us whether we slip and fall away or continue to hold on to his shoulders of strength. Even if we do slip he's still there calling our name waiting for us to grab a hold again. I love my Savior more than anything in the world. Ask yourselves, do you love your Savior more than anything? Or is there something in front of him? Christ himself taught "love thy God" and then he taught "love one another" not the other way around. This is the work of the Lord and it will progress no matter what we do. But if we follow him and his teachings, he will bring us into his fold and give us eternal life.


I know that these things are true. This is "a marvelous work and wonder" and I'm so grateful to be a part of it. There is nothing better. I love you all and I love this work! I leave this message with you in the name of the Lord and Redeemer of this world even Jesus Christ -amen-

--

-Elder Heaton

Philippines Bacolod Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment