Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week 22...Preparation.



Hey everyone,

Well transfer week was this last week. I ended up staying in Binalbagan which I'm happy about there are a lot of great investigators that we need to get progressing to baptism! I did get a new companion. He is a pinoy, Illocan which is the same as Elder Eslava just from a different city. It's way sweet. It's been interesting for 2 reasons. One he's a pinoy and a lot different from a cano, and 2 he doesn't really speak much english. So for the most part I've pretty much stopped speaking english hahaha. But I love it you have no idea! Just in the last 2-3 days my language has improved a lot. 

I'm leading the area which means I basically start the teachings and do most of the teaching. So it requires me to be sagad (good/skilled) in the language. My understanding of what people are saying is improved a lot. Which is something I will need. Elder Potter ( not Harry ) our AP has given us an assignment. He said on the way to the bus station. Everyone has to be ready to train or follow up train next transfer. We have 33 new missionaries coming in and it will require lots of people to step up in to leadership positions. 

I was thinking about it  and I'm wondering if president gave me and Elder White as well actually Elders that aren't great at english so that we can be ready for next transfer. So I'm really trying to push my self in the language this transfer. Last transfer I didn't really memorize many words, I learned some but didn't memorize. So I'm memorizing and really studying grammar. No I'm not aspiring to get to a position or whatever. But if that's what the Lord needs of me I should probably do my best to be the best I can be. So yeah.

These last 2 weeks have been way slow with teachings because there has been a big city festival here and all of the people are always at the plaza walking around and just hanging out so yeah hopefully that will improve in the next few days. I have some high expectations for this transfer so hopefully they will follow through! I love you all and hope your doing well!! 
-- 
-Elder Heaton 

Philippines Bacolod Mission


***More Pictures***





Zone Conference








Guapo!






No comments:

Post a Comment