Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week 23...Spirit.


Hello everyone,

My blog post this week is a message for everyone, but I'm writing it for mom's talk at church but it can apply to you all so enjoy!

Hello holladay 4th ward! Well its been 5 months since I left home and headed to the mtc. And it's been 3 months since I arrived here in the Philippines. How the time flies when you are doing what the Lord would have you do. In these last 5 months I've learned more about myself and who I want to be in life than I did throughout the first 18 years of my life. This mission experience is such a marvel. Meeting the people. Teaching the gospel of Christ. Striving to allow the spirit to guide every minute of every day. 

This experience so far has brought more joy to my life than anything else I've done in life. Daily gospel study, bearing testimony of the fulness of the gospel everyday all day, and wearing the oh so holy name of the savior over my heart. I have been rejected ignored and denied. I have felt the disappointment of a progressing investigator that has lost their desire to find the truth. But yet I still put on my tie and walk out that door. Some may wonder why? Well the answer is simple. I have seen the joy and felt the true happiness of the gospel in my life. And the opportunity to see that same change in someone else is in and of itself a joy. 

The opportunity to partake of the salvation of a human soul is, in the words of Lehi, "most sweet above all". The Lord himself said to Joseph Smith "and if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people...how great shall be your joy...and if your joy with one soul ...how great shall be your joy if you should bring many!!"  That's what I have come here to do, to preach repentance and declare the word of God! "I will not give up let up or shut up, until I have stayed up stored up and paid up for the cause of Christ! I must go til he comes give til I drop and preach til all know!" Brothers and sisters, I pray that as the Lord's saints in the latter days, that you will do what you can within your own home and within your lives to build the kingdom of God. This work is greater than you and I, it's greater than any politician, movie star, or musician. Greater than any paycheck, raise, or award. " No unhallowed hand shall stop the work from progressing" This work will go forth "boldly nobly and independent". 

Brethren of the priesthood, I pray that you will do all you can to bring this plan of happiness to the people of the world. I pray that you young men listening today will obtain a desire to serve the lord. Every Sunday you recite D&C 4. For "ye are called to the work" This work will bring you more joy than you know, I have a testimony of it and I feel that same joy everyday. Mothers I pray that you will teach your sons as the striplings warriors. "for they were taught by their mothers" There is work for all of us to do. Whether it's in the primary class or in the general authority. It's a work that moves the purposes of God forward. I pray that we will stand with Christ at the last and final days. I pray that we will prepare ourselves to return to our Father in Heaven and do all we can where we stand now, to do the will of the Lord. 

Brothers and sisters I know this work is true. I know our Heavenly Father loves us and wants to bless us. I know that we have a living loving and eternal Savior. His undying love for us is what pushed him into the Garden. He has borne our griefs and sorrows. He has walked where we have and knows each one of us personally. I know that the restored Gospel of Christ is true. That God speaks through his prophets to guide us in these latter days. I know this gospel is true, that Jesus is the Christ and one day, if worthy, I will return to our loving Father in Heaven. I love you all and I leave you this testimony in the name of our beloved Savior and Redeemer even the name of Jesus Christ. -Amen
-- 

-Elder Heaton 

Philippines Bacolod Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment