Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week 99...He That Loses His Life...

Hello everyone this last week was good. We had a baptism which really lifted the spirits in time of need. haha! We watched a father who had come out of inactivity, a life of gambling and drinking, to a new life of scripture study, steady church going, and true happiness and joy in experiencing baptizing his daughter as well confirming her into the church. What a blessing. This man will also become the new elder quorum president. It's a great blessing to see the gospel illuminate their lives. It's a great blessing to wear Jesus Christ's name on my heart. Its a blessing to be able to serve. Some may consider the loss of 2 years in serving a mission. For example in those 2 years, you could have gotten an associate's degree in college and some on the job training. Could have gotten married. Could have done a lot of things. But all of these things have been sacrificed. A sacrifice of time effort and talents just as a lamb to the slaughter. Serving a mission isn't so much a sacrifice as it is a blessing. Yes I may have lost my life before but that's not important. Christ said " He that findeth his life shall lose it and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." I still don't know whats in store for my life but I know that I am serving the Lord with all my heart might mind and strength and I will find my life. I love this work and it's been such a blessing to me and the lives of my family and those that we have taught and brought into the fold. I know that all missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints have been called of God through a living Prophet. Thank you all for your prayers and support I hope and pray all is well with you! Love you all!!!

--
-Elder Heaton

Philippines Bacolod Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment