Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 63... Faith.

Hello everyone! It's been interesting these last few weeks. Working hard, trying to be more obedient, finding and finding more people to teach. Studying and teaching. Praying and fasting. Each one of these things an act of faith. We hear a lot of faith. We hear faith is what saves a person, faith is the foundation for miracles, faith in Jesus Christ, faith in prayer, faith in whatever else we do. We are here on earth. We don't remember the pre-mortal existence. We are walking now by faith not by sight as said in the bible. So a question is asked how do we use our faith?

Well first lets talk about what faith is. Faith is something hoped for and not seen. Most all of us, we have faith in Jesus Christ. We believe in a higher power. We haven't seen it, but we know it's there. That is faith. The first principle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Faith. Faith in Christ our Savior and his atonement. Each day we wake up and should be kneeling before our Father in Heaven in humble prayer. That is faith. We go to church each week that is faith. We read the scriptures, that is faith. We help another with their problem, that is faith. There are countless and innumerable ways to exhibit our faith in Jesus Christ or any other thing here. We trust in the Lord, repent and follow his teachings. That is the true and only way to find true happiness in this life.

Back in 1997 President Hinckley was interviewed by a reporter on national tv. The woman asked. "If I gave you 5 minutes to tell me what your message to the world, what would it be?" President Hinckley responded, 'I would tell you we will teach you for 5 minutes and be back tomorrow night.' " Then she said: "Well if we only had 5 minutes for one meeting what would it be?" President Hinckley responded. There is a better way to live life. There is a plan from our Father in Heaven and this plan is the only way for us to truly be happy. That is what our message is. (this quote is not exactly what he said just close to).

We all walk and live by faith. We use it daily. Even just in going to work, school, church, having children, teaching your children, repenting, praying, studying scriptures, and the list goes on and on. I know that faith is the source of power and faith is the source of our strength. There is a quote i like to use "Skepticism has not vitality, the motive power of progress is FAITH" We cannot go anywhere with out it. And without it we are nothing. Let us all use our faith each day. Trusting in the Lord knowing that he will take care of us all. That he will watch over our business if we remain faithful to his commandments. He will heal us. He will do everything that we cannot, AFTER all we can. We must first exercise faith before the miracle can be wrought. I know that's true.

Let us be more faithful and trust in the Lord. "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear. The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid. When the wicked even mine enemies and my foes came upon me to eat my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host shall encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this I will be confident"
Psalms 27:1-3


Much love!
--
-Elder Heaton

Philippines Bacolod Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment