Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 6... Dedication.


Well another week gone by like a good nights sleep. The time here is going so ridiculously fast, I can't believe it sometimes. Everyday seems like a dream. This week has been pretty good. I really feel like there is just not enough time in the day which is a good thing because it means I'm doing a lot of things.

My goal for the next three weeks is to memorize 20-30 words per day. 20 being the minimum. I know I can do it, it just takes dedication. i think I have to memorize like 30 words by tonight to catch up. But all in all I feel like if I just keep applying my self and working hard i will be blessed with the language.

As if I haven't enough already. As district leader I held a "come to Jesus" meeting last night. And I think that it was definitely needed. We only have like 3 weeks left and we are nowhere near ready to go to the Philippines. I think that it was a much needed conversation among the district. And that it was important. I know it will help us in the next three weeks if we all just apply what we talked about and work as a team.

We finally got some tagalog preach my gospels today they were on backorder for a long time. so I think that will help me with reading and understanding. The language of Tagalog is amazing it's so cool I love it.

The other day we talked about culture there. When a Filipino welcomes you into their home, like a true welcome not just because they have to but because they want to, the father signals one of the children to him, gives him 30-40 pesos and then the child goes running to the store to get soda and crackers. Now realize that most Filipinos make only 150 pesos a day. So they are giving up almost a 1/4 of their check just to welcome you into their home. Living in America that is absolutely unheard of.

I am truly so blessed to be serving the the Philippines. I cannot wait to get there. The older district is leaving us today. We are next. This week we are hosting which is pretty cool I get to see what I looked like coming into the MTC for the first day. I'm excited. I love it here but I just want to get to the Philippines. I am so Excited. Keep the letters coming and I miss you all!

-Elder Heaton

No comments:

Post a Comment