Monday, December 5, 2011

Week 102...Thanks.

This week has been a week of joy, yet a week of mourning. Joy in the work of the Lord, and mourning for the loss of our grandpa Grant. His influence was great among missionaries, family, friends, members, converts, and everything in between. He loved that I was sent here to serve in the Philippines. He once told me before I left, "Its better that you were called to the Philippines because the history of the church in Asia is not in Hong Kong itself. It is [also] in the Philippines. The Philippines will bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to the rest of Asia."  


With thousands and thousands of youth here, preparing them to serve a mission will be vital.  One day these youth will serve in mainland China and through out the rest of Asia.  Grandpa had a love for this work that cannot be understood. He lived for it. It was his lifeblood. I'm sure he got so much joy just in hearing news about the progression of the work in China. He got calls from his missionaries once or twice a week I'm sure. 


His love for the work has come also to me. The work is progressing. We had 11 investigators at church on Sunday. It's a great blessing to be a missionary now and I can't explain all of my thanks in words. I praise our Heavenly Father for allowing me to serve him. I have only a little time left so I will use it to the best of my abilities. I wasn't able to attend my Grandfather's funeral but I will celebrate his life by doing what he loved, that is serving the Lord with all my heart might mind and strength. I love this work, I love this gospel and I know it is the restored gospel of Christ. I love you all!!  

-- 
-Elder Heaton 

Philippines Bacolod Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment